AIG recognizes that its daily business operations impact on the environment and that it is vital to preserve the vitality and cleanliness of the environment for the people that share it. We believe that it is not only good business practice but also our duty to protect the natural resources of the communities we serve. Therefore, it is our policy to comply with the following:
• Make environmental concerns an integral part of our planning and decision making process.
• Practice sound environmental stewardship of all subsidiaries, properties and natural resources under our management.
• Avoid or significantly reduce any adverse environmental impacts caused by our operations where possible in order to
minimize the risks to our employees and the communities where we operate.
• Promote the efficient use of energy and natural resources through cost-effective conservation and energy management
• Reduce and where possible eliminate waste through recycling and handle and dispose of all waste through safe and
• Strive to continually improve our environmental management system and related policies.